My Total Views! Happy ME =)

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

WIND BENEATH MY WINGS

“Thank you, thank you, thank God for you, the wind beneath my wings.”

This song truly brings me goose bumps and tears whenever I hear it. Why? Because it me and my mommy’s theme song.

It took me weeks before I finally made this blog for the most important person in my life, my Mommy Venus. Simply because I cannot find the right words that would best describe my feelings as a daughter. Honestly as I write this, I cannot help my tears not to burst. I am really so emotional when it comes to my mother.
It is a well known fact to all my closest friends that I’m a mommy’s girl. She’s my best best friend. I love her with all my heart. I cannot thank her enough for all the spoiling, sacrifices, patience, care and love she had showered me and my siblings all these years. She is also the reason how and why we accepted God and learned about our salvation. I wouldn’t be where I am now if not for her unconditional love for me.
           
I can never forget those days where she would wake up early and stay up late to work, earn money and send us to a good school, those times where she would fetch me to and from school and bring me freshly cooked lunch until my 2nd year high school, accompany me in all my doctor, dentist and derma visits, sacrificed her savings just to get most of everything that I wanted, and supported all my school activities until my 5th year in college. She is undoubtedly my number 1 supporter, my number 1 fan and I am forever thankful for that.

I remember during our first honeymoon night, I was crying to death because I miss my mommy. I can never forget her SMS to me that night which says “Miss u nani. Wala nako hihintayin umuwi sa gabi.” Poy couldn’t do anything to make me stop crying and even asked me if I wanted to go back to Laguna and not finish our 7 days honeymoon. 1st day pa lang gusto ko na umuwi! But of course, I don’t want to spoil our long awaited vacation so I just made Poy promised that we will be staying in my parents’ house right after the honeymoon and requested him that we will regularly spend weekends there as well. Thank God I have the most understanding husband!

When I first told my mommy that I am expecting, I felt then that she was in shock at first. It took some days even weeks before she finally accepted that I am no longer a kid anymore but a soon to be mom as well. When the reality finally sank in her, she became more loving, caring and attentive of my needs. She would always bring me my faves and come with us in my OB check-up to make sure that her first apo is doing well inside my tummy. Things changed a lot for my mommy when I gave birth to Mimay. She gave up her almost 30 years vocation and decided to take care of Mimay instead. Truly a heroic act any mother can do for her child.

Until this very moment, my mommy remained to be my hero, the wind beneath my wings. And as the lyrics of the song says, “I would be nothing without my mom. She is everything I wish I could be.”

Words are not enough to tell my mommy how much I love her. There are no created words to show how grateful I am not only for her love to me and my siblings, but most especially for her extended love and sacrifices for our daughter, my mommy’s first ever granddaughter Mimay. I am so blessed for having the best mom in the world. I will be forever indebted to her.

Mommy,
This song is for you. Thank you so so so much for all your love and patience. I promise to take care of you forever and I’ll do everything to be the best mom to Mimay.
I love you and I miss you so much! I can’t wait to see you and ineng!

It must have been cold there in my shadow,
to never have sunlight on your face.
You were content to let me shine, that's your way.
You always walked a step behind.

So I was the one with all the glory,
while you were the one with all the strength.
A beautiful face without a name for so long,
A beautiful smile to hide the pain.

Did you ever know that you're my hero?
And everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

It might have appeared to go unnoticed,
but I've got it all here in my heart.
I want you to know I know the truth, of course I know it.
I would be nothing without you.

Did you ever know that you're my hero?
You're everything I wish I could be.
I could fly higher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

Did I ever tell you you're my hero?
You're everything, everything I wish I could be.
Oh, and I, I could fly higher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

Oh, the wind beneath my wings.
You, you, you, you are the wind beneath my wings.
Fly, fly, fly away. You let me fly so high.
Oh, you, you, you, the wind beneath my wings.
Oh, you, you, you, the wind beneath my wings.

Fly, fly, fly high against the sky,
so high I almost touch the sky.
Thank you, thank you,
thank God for you, the wind beneath my wings.

1 comment:

  1. awww, your post is very touching naman. It made me miss my mom too although we only live hours from each other, me in Manila and she in Laguna. Like yours my Mom is also very supportive of my pregnancy and is even more kabado than me now that I'm due to give birth anytime. Salute to all our moms!

    ReplyDelete