My Total Views! Happy ME =)

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

VALENTINE’S DINNER

From Wikipedia: it should be Happy Valentine’s (with apostrophe) Day pala. I didn’t know that. Wrong pala when you say Happy Valentines! Haha! Ang vova ketch!
We celebrated our first Valentine’s here in Dubai in a very simple and planned dinner with my hubby, mommy and Mimay. Since Valentine’s falls on Monday, working day, we have no other option but to dine out. This is our 3rd Valentine celebration as husband and wife and eversince, planado lahat ng dinner date namin. We always talk about it in advance because I’m kinda scared of Poy’s idea. Baka dalhin ako sa Mc Donalds (remember his proposal? In Mc Donalds? Hehe!) eh masira lang ang mood ko haha! But I hope it will not get into you na maselan ako or anything, game ako sa lahat or sa kahit saan, pero wag naman on a special occasion, right? Yun eh, sa akin lang naman. So to avoid anything that will piss me off, hindi ko na lang pinanghuhula si Poy where I want to go and instead ako na lang nagpo-propose. Oh di ba mas safe yun?

For our first Valentine’s dinner as an official couple, we went to Leslie’s Restaurant in Alabang and feast on their Filipino/Japanese buffet. Super cheap and sulit dinner talaga! It’s like P300++ per head lang (without the drinks) and the food tastes great. I was 7 months pregnant then and I’m on the peak of my katakawan that’s why we chose to go to an eat-all-you-can resto like Leslie’s. Photos are all in my PC in Pinas. I don’t have FB account pa that time.
For our second year, my bibi and I agreed for Outback Steakhouse located near Alabang Town Center. We have long wanted to taste their famous Outback Special steak but we just can’t go there anytime because their offers are not pocket friendly, in-short mahal sya for an ordinary private employee like me and Poy with a daughter na grabe lumaklak ng Promil Gold that time. One steak cost is more than a 1.6kg of Promil na. Eh may starter pa, drinks, never mind na the dessert, nanghihinayang na ko hehe. So we really save this outback date for Valentine’s. What’s good about Outback is that their staffs are very friendly and accommodating. They gave me a free rose and they took a free photo of us as souvenir. After the dinner, we went to Seattle’s Best for some more kwentuhan. Poy looks very tahimik pero ano ka, inaabot kami ng madaling araw nyan for nonsense kwentuhan =)
And for this year naman, we tried Tony Roma’s. With us is my mommy and mimay, kawawa if they will be left at home. When we arrive at TR, eto ang inabutan namin. Nakakalokang queue! They do not accept reservation kasi so we had no choice but to take the risk because for sure all restaurants will be crowded.
Understandable, TR has only 3 branches all over Dubai and Sheikh Zayed branch is the most accessible because it’s near the Metro Station. After 15 minutes we were able to seat and immediately gave our order.

These were the foods we had that night:

For the starter, we had Buffalo Wings in Carolina Honey sauce. I ordered this for Mimay because my daughter loves chicken wings. The sauce is sweet and very tasty. It’s AED 35 (Php 420) per plate of 8 pcs.
We also ordered their Seafood platter which consists of a deep fried salmon fillet, calamari and crispy shrimp. It comes with fries and creamy bleu cheese for the dip. My mommy loves it. Not bad for AED 58 (Php 700).
Then for our main course, we had full slab of Bountiful Beef Ribs basted with TR's ‘Red Hots’ sauce with coleslaw and Rice Pillaf. This is so far the best ribs I have ever tasted in my life. It’s very juicy and lambot. As in the meat falls out of the bones. It was so delicious! And the price is very much worth of the quality and quantity. The full slab is AED 110 (Php 1320).
We had to order for additional Rice Pillaf because we can’t get enough of the ribs. Goodluck to my voluptuous body haha!

For the dessert, I had to order their famous Colossal Cheesecake. Sobrang busog na ko but I really had to taste it. It’s like, you’ve not been to TR if you didn’t taste their cheesecake. One word after my first spoon: HEAVEN! The price is a bit costly though, it’s AED 28 (Php 340) per slice, take note: per thin slice!
It was a perfect Valentine’s dinner for me and Poy because we spent it with our dearest baby and naynay.

Bi,
I’m looking forward for more Valentine’s date with you until our hair turns gray. Ababu!

2 comments: