My Total Views! Happy ME =)

Sunday, December 12, 2010

MIMAY AND NAYNAY’S 2nd WEEK IN DUBAI

Hay ang bilis ng araw! 2 weeks came so fast. If it’s only possible to stop the days so that I’ll have more time to enjoy Mimay. Our current situation kasi is that we’re having a hard time to get a residence visa for Naynay. She came here only on a long term visit visa (90 days) since that’s the easiest ways we could get her a pass to Dubai. Dubai Immigration rules say that we can get parent visa for Naynay providing, both Naynay & my daddy will apply for the said visa. Unfortunately, my dad has too may problems on his personal documents. He doesn’t even have a passport because of many confusing issues on his birth certificate. So to make the story short, it’s very impossible to get a parent visa. The only way I can apply ONLY for Naynay is that we should present either a death certificate of my dad or an annulment paper of my parents. Kaloka di ba? It’s either I’ll kill my dad or pa-annul ko sila ng mommy ko! As if may option ako no? Hay=( Another option is, since Mimay is already in residence visa, we can make her stay and look for a tempo nanny to look over her while I’ll let my mom go back to Pinas so that we can renew her long term visit visa for another 3 months. But my problem is, will Mimay and Naynay can make it without each other? They are super duper mega over close! Actually, up to this day, Mimay can’t sleep without her Naynay beside her. And I know my mom will feel very depressed if she’ll go back to Pinas alone. It’s really very hard to decide on this. We just entrust everything to HIM, for we know HIS plans and will for us. God is good, I know.

So anyway, here are the places we’ve visited for Mimay and Naynay’s 2nd week in Dubai:

Burjuman Mall - Here's where the world's leading brands mingle comfortably with one another. Nakakalaway ang mall na to! Louis Vuitton, Dior, Hermes, Valentino, Emanel Ungaro, Loewe, Etro, Cartier, Van Cleef & Arpels, Christian Lacroix, Salvatore Ferragamo, Just Cavalli, and many more. Temptations are everywhere! We usually spend our weekly Friday morning here because our church service is held in the business tower adjacent to Burjuman mall. The ambience is very cozy and relaxing. This is one of my fave malls. You can actually sleep on their couches na super sosy!
 
Burjuman Business Tower – Naynay and Mimay’s first church service in All Nation’s Full Gospel Dubai. Pinagkaguluhan si ineng! As usual, she was very active and friendly kaya everyone in the church eh na love at first sight sa kanya.
Magic Planet – playground for all ages located inside Deira City Centre. Best for our dearest baby! This is the most convenient place for us to go even after work since it is very accessible from our place. For this week, Naynay tried the burgers of Hardee’s. Take note “burgers” with S, because she had two quarter pound beef burger in one sitting. Kaloka si mother!
Golden Fork Karama – this is one of our tried and tested resto here in Dubai. Dishes served here are mostly Filipino and Chinese cuisines. Actually we went first to this ‘eat all you can’ resto in Al Rigga after our church service. The food in the buffet looks awful so we immediately rode a cab and went to Golden Fork in Karama instead. We ordered their fresh crabs and shrimps since it’s Naynay’s favorite. We also had fresh lumpia and mango juice to complete our lunch. Golden Fork did not disappoint our hungry stomach. Two thumbs up!
Karama Shopping Complex– Since nasa Karama na kami, we took advantage of the location and ditch the malls and hit the pavement of Karama! Naynay got her pambahay shorts for only AED 20 per piece :) And hubby got himself a basketball jersey (which is of very good quality, muka talagang orig) for only AED 35! Winner db? While me, almost fainted kahahabol sa makulet kong anak =) I saw her riding the camel toys in one of the shop while saying “abayo! yah tigidig!” =)
Dubai Creek – I personally included this in our itinerary for this week. I wanted kasi to try Dubai’s water taxi or the “abra” with Mimay. I am sure she will love this especially if she will see the creek. And I am correct! The moment her eyes spotted the creek, she immediately shouted “twiming twiming!” My heart is deeply very happy seeing our baby in her most happy moment. As in para syang na-possess sa saya when she ride the boat. I am just too sorry for the blurry photos. Mimay even waved her bye byes to the creek when we left the place. Segway story, when we were on our way to the creek, Mimay called my attention and told me this “Mami tae tae” Haha ang vulgar ng anak ko no? We were much tensed since we are riding a public bus that time. So I told her “anak later na ha? lapit na tayo bumaba.” And it’s a good thing na malapit na talaga kaming bumaba. Although Mimay’s wearing diaper, she has this habit to sit while making pupu and we cannot carry her until she’s done. So when we left the bus and Mimay saw the creek, aba nalimutan na ang binabalak nyang pag pupu! I asked her “anak pupu ka?” Mimay answered “hinde hinde!” She was too excited of the boat and the water. That’s what’s funny about Mimay, you can actually converse with her at her very young age. As in she understands and reacts to almost everything. Mahaderang frog sya like me =)
Bur Dubai Souq – a renovated souq found opposite of Dubai creek. This is the location of Claudine and John Lloyd’s scenes in movie Dubai. I wasn’t able to take good photos because we already arrived there at 7pm. The place was too crowded when we came, too many expats and tourists are busy doing their shopping. Naynay rummaged her pambahay shirts here for only AED7.50 per piece! Mimay in below photo is super “kagod” na. She didn’t enjoy the place much.
It was a fun fun fun week for the family! Looking forward for more escapades!

No comments:

Post a Comment